|Dimensions||Foot/ Lbs||Meter/ Kg|
|Engine||40 hp||40 hp|
J/121 Specifications (Sample Equipment List)
Hull & Deck
• J/121 hull & deck are vacuum-infused molded (SCRIMP process) in temperature controlled environment with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics using end grain balsa core in the hull for rugged durability and Corecell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core inserts and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components.
• Laminates are engineered and built to exceed ISO 12215 Cat A and ABS structural standards.
• White gelcoat hull with double bootstripe.
• Molded companionway seahood with slider.
• ORC molded-in toe-rails forward of the mast.
• GRP molded main bulkhead – structurally bonded and tabbed to the hull and deck with single large opening to forepeak.
• Two watertight bulkheads (one in the forepeak and one forward of the steering system) bonded and tabbed to the hull and deck.
• Heavy duty molded fore/aft and transverse keel support grid, with substantial composite structural beams.
• Composite mast bearing beam with carbon fiber compression post, bonded and fastened to the deck.
• High aspect, low VCG “L” keel with lead ballast and epoxy faired and finished fin, flange mounted to a hull recess.
Mechanical & Steering
• Yanmar 3YM30ACE 3 cylinder 4-stroke 29hp diesel engine with 125 amp alternator and SD 25 saildrive with 2-piece split zinc.
• Yanmar keyless digital B instrument panel mounted in recess on cockpit wall near wheel
• Gori two-blade, geared folding prop.
• Spinlock flush mount engine throttle control with removable handle and neutral safety switch.
• Balanced spade, composite rudder with stainless rudder post mounted in self aligning, Jefa rudder bearings.
• Jefa twin pedestal steering system including sheaves, radial drive, needle bearings, and integral wheel brake.
• Carbonautica custom composite wheels (2) finished in black Awlgrip.
• Emergency tiller.
• Harken Performa 52:1 self-tailing primary winches.
• Harken Performa 46:1 self-tailing cabin top winches.
• Harken Performa 46:1 self-tailing mainsheet winches.
• Four Harken One-touch winch handles.
• 6:1 Harken traveler system on cockpit floor.
• Adjustable jib jead system with floating lead blocks and inhaul and outhaul capability.
• Cascading cunningham system led to cockpit.
• Harken spinnaker sheet and tack line blocks.
• Bow-sprit control system led externally to clutch mounted on cabin top.
• Mast base halyard blocks and organizers.
• Halyard & tack line rope clutches.
• Custom mast collar with attachment points for halyard and mast base blocks, and halyard bale.
• Stainless cabin top handrails P&S.
• Tapered SS lifeline stanchions. Forward stanchion with integral roller (P&S) for quick jib skirting. Double 1x19 stainless wire lifelines to meet all categories of the Offshore Special Regulations (OSR).
• Custom bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with LED navigation lights.
• Four 4-bolt SS mooring cleats/eyes.
• Interior ventilation from four framed opening ports in sides of cabin trunk, one offshore skylight deck hatch aft of mast, and one large offshore deck hatch forward of the mast.
• Acrylic offshore drop-board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
• Four polypropylene mesh line bags.
• Custom SS forestay, shroud and backstay chainplates.
Plumbing & Electrical
• 104 gallon (per side) seawater ballast system with molded tanks, transfer valves and overboard drain.
• 24-gallon fuel tank with baffles and inspection port.
• 12-gallon head holding tank.
• Raritan PH-II head with deck pump-out.
• Manual fresh water system with 26-gallon water tank and manual pumps and spigots in the galley and head.
• Cockpit operated manual bilge pump.
• Two 105 amp deep-cycle, Group 31 sealed AGM batteries.
• Three position battery switch.
• Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
• Bonding system.
• Five low profile, LED reading lights.
• One adjustable red/white light in Nav station
• Six red/white LED dome lights
• Automatic bilge pump with manual/auto panel switch.
• Belowdeck OSR manual bilge pump.
Spars & Rigging
• Carbon fiber, auto-clave cured mast with double swept back, carbon fiber spreaders, backstay crane, flush shroud terminations, sheaves for 1 main, 1 inner jib/staysail, 2 jib & 2 spinnaker halyards, vang and boom gooseneck fittings, steaming/foredeck light, masthead anchor/Tri-color light, internal wiring conduit, aluminum masthead bracket for owner provided wand. Antal mast track and loader gate. Mast/boom finished in black with contrasting white measurement bands.
• Carbon fiber, racing boom with 12:1 internal outhaul, one mainsheet block bale, vang lug, and sheaves for two reef lines and outhaul.
• Nitronic 50 discontinuous rod rigging package including shrouds and forestay.
• Adjustable open body shroud turnbuckles.
• DSK-90 Dyneema backstay connected to Harken integral hydraulic backstay adjuster operable on centerline just aft of the helm.
• Jib roller furling system.
• Carbon fiber bow sprit with internal bearing system and black painted finish. Fully extended position is supported by a Dyneema bobstay. Stored position is retracted aft of the stem for safer docking and maneuvering.
• Running rigging package with GP78 Main halyard, V100 Jib halyard, GP78 spin/Code 0 halyard, one Inner Jib Halyard with integral halyard lock, 2nd spinnaker halyard, one mainsheet, two reef lines, two jib sheets, and two spinnaker sheets. Also includes cunningham, boom vang, outhaul, pole control, 2 tack lines, inhauler and floating jib ring lines, and traveler control lines.
• Rigid boom vang with control lines led P&S to cockpit.
• Off-white, low-maintenance bulkheads.
• Molded engine box cover with 1” sound insulation.
• Walled-in companionway entrance with angled treads and grab rails for secure passage.
• Quarter cabin aft of the galley with below berth storage and split berth cushions.
• Low maintenance, synthetic, high-wear cabin flooring.
• SS overhead handrails in main salon P&S.
• Two large acrylic fixed portlights.
• Two 6’6” settee berths, each with a fold-up pilot berth outboard - for a total of four berths in the main cabin.
• Storage outboard of settee berth back rests.
• Sit-down, forward-facing nav station with two drawers & hinged-lid access to chart storage, outboard instrument panel and storage bin.
• L-galley with sink, faucet, fresh water foot pump, sink drain seacock, ice box with top opening, gimballed LPG 2-burner cooktop, and storage cabinet outboard with acrylic sliders.
• Walk-through aft head with sink, faucet, shower sump drain and under counter storage area.
• Large storage area accessible through the head and via the starboard cockpit seat locker.
• Choice of Sunbrella fabrics for interior cushions.
• Two Tone Deck.
• Black Powder-coated Stanchions and bow/stern rails.
• Lifeline Opening Gates.
• Antal Folding Mooring Cleats (4) in lieu of standard.
• Thurston Cockpit Dodger with Side Curtains.
• Offshore Companionway Racing Dodger.
• Molded Instrument Pod on top of Seahood.
• Opening Ports (2) on aft face of cabin house.
• Electric Primary Winches (requires Addt’l Battery option).
• Electric Main Halyard Winch.
• Remote Hydraulic Backstay in lieu of standard.
• 110 VAC Shore Power system with 30’ cord, 2 outlets, battery charger, equipment leakage circuit interrupter (ELCI), and galvanic isolator.
• DC Refrigeration.
• Additional 105 amp Group 31 battery.
• Systems Group - Hot & cold pressure water system with extendable shower in aft head.
• Cockpit Shower (requires Systems Group)
• Jefa Auto-pilot Direct Drive Kit (Unit DU-DD1).
• V-Berth Package: Removable V-berth with platform, two cushions, and two reading lights.
• Canvas & Cover Package: Wheel/Pedestal covers in Sunbrella (2); Padded WeatherMax lower lifeline covers (4); Mainsail cover in Sunbrella with J/121 Logo.
NOTICE - This is a sample Specification. Please contact J/Boats or your local J/Dealer for the latest Specification.