Hull & Deck Construction
- Hull laminated with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core for rugged durability.
- Deck molded with E-glass fabrics and Corecell foam core. High density core material and additional reinforcements in way of highly loaded hardware.
- All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
- Molded internal bulkheads with gelcoat finish, bonded to the hull and/or deck.
- Molded lift-keel structure jigged and integrally molded during primary hull layup.
- High strength, inward turning hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
- Molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
Keel & Rudder
- 4.75’ draft lifting keel with lead ballast featuring an internal leading-edge kelp cutting mechanism operable from the cockpit while underway, SS lock down plate and a single point lifting ring w/2:1 aluminum keel crane lift system.
- Investment cast diamond boat lift padeyes installed adjacent to keel P&S.
- High aspect transom mounted molded rudder.
- Composite tiller with adjustable tiller extension.
Spars & Rigging
- Carbon mast with single swept carbon spreaders, carbon masthead crane and mainsail luff track. Easy to raise and lower with deck step design and tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon boom with internal 4:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment point, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish and seal system mounted at sprit housing.
- 1 x 19 wire standing rigging with adjustable Ronstan turnbuckles for shrouds.
- Double ended boom vang system.
- Complete running rigging package.
- SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and backstay terminations.
- Interior ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
- Two Primary winches with cam cleats and winch handle.
- Two jib T tracks with cars to accommodate 2:1 jib sheet terminations.
- 5:1 mainsheet purchase leading to ratchet block and centerline swivel base.
- Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 2:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
- Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
- Internal bowsprit launching system exiting aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
- Underdeck headsail furling system with hoistable swivel and control line exiting aft face of cabin house to cam cleat.
- Tack line cam cleat mounted to starboard on cabin.
- Spinnaker sheet blocks outboard of primary winches and aft.
- Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base.
- Four low height SS stanchions and two reinforced SS stern rails at transom corners.
- Cockpit Safety Lines surrounding the cockpit with comfort pads and termination points on deck edge forward of shrouds.
- Transom Safety Gate.
- Foredeck U-bolt for mooring/dockline attachment.
- Optional owner supplied, min 2.5 hp long shaft recommended.
- Lightweight aluminum outboard bracket mounted to transom.
- Air dry gelcoat finish on hull & deck surfaces
- Bench style molded seats P & S.
- Bin storage aft of seats.
- Molded liner platform with inspection port forward.
- Molded cockpit support bulkhead with inspection port.
- Anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast step loads to internal hull structure.
- Molded entry step.
Specifications are subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI