Hull & Deck Construction
- Composite hull and deck built with resin infusion molding system using biaxial and unidirectional glass fabrics with Baltek end-grained balsa core.
- 10 year transferable warranty against hull blistering.
- White gel coat hull with single (1.75" to 3.25") tapered bootstripe.
- Large sit-in cockpit with 9.5’ seats having comfortable 13.75” backrests, suitable for cockpit cushions.
- Two cockpit seat storage lockers.
- One lazarette storage locker.
- One foredeck anchor locker with overboard drain.
- Swimming and boarding platform sculpted into aft face of full height transom with integral safety ladder.
- Molded companionway seahood and dodger spray shield bosses.
- White foredeck toe-rails.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded to hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to head and forepeak.
- Longitudinal and transverse keel support beams and integral mast step.
Keel & Rudder
- Lead & antimony fixed 5.75' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded sump. (4.5’ shoal draft option)
- Balanced hi-aspect spade rudder constructed using "E" glass with stainless rudder post and self-aligning Jefa rudder bearings.
- Curved laminated wood tiller with adjustable tiller extension.
Spars & Rigging
- Tapered carbon fiber mast with double airfoil aluminum spreaders, main, jib, spin halyard and topping lift sheaves, spin/whisker pole track with sliding eye on front of mast, Harken System “A” mainsail luff track; mast finished in Awlgrip off-white.
- G10 fiberglass mast step with fore/aft adjustment slots and SS padeye for through bolt securing of mast to step.
- Mast wedge kit.
- Aluminum boom with provision for 2 reefs, 6:1 internal mainsail outhaul, finished in Awlgrip off-white.
- Continuous rod rigging with turnbuckles.
- Remote panel hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Rigid boomvang with integral cleating.
- Headsail furler with control leading aft to cockpit.
- Complete running rigging package.
- Two 40:1 self-tailing primary winches mounted on cockpit coaming.
- Two 35:1 self tailing secondary winches mounted on cabin trunk.
- Triple sheave deck organizers (P&S).
- Two lock-in winch handles.
- Two PVC winch handle holders.
- Custom stainless mast collar.
- Mast mounted turning blocks
- Halyard & reef line rope clutches on the cabin top.
- One single rope clutch for tack line or jib boom outhaul.
- Cam cleats on cabin top and mounted near primary winches (for lazy spin sheets).
- Two fixed jib tracks each with plunger style jib cars.
- Mainsheet traveler track recessed in cockpit seat with 4:1 traveler control system.
- 6:1/24:1 rough tune/fine tune mainsheet system leading to aluminum bracket on centerline fore and aft of traveler.
- Four SS mooring cleats (2 fwd, 2 aft).
- Foredeck ventilation hatch.
- Two fixed ports in sides of cabin trunk.
- Molded companionway sliding hatch and acrylic offshore dropboard with inside/outside opening hasp
- Cockpit operated bilge pump.
- Two 12"x 20" polypropylene mesh line bags.
- Custom SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay tang.
- Double lifelines with stainless bow pulpit & stern rail.
- Five (5) folding padeyes: one for spinnaker tack attachment on bow, and four attachment points for spinnaker blocks.
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin house.
- 2 cylinder Yanmar 15HP diesel saildrive engine with geared folding prop.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, engine hour gauge and water, oil pressure alarms in cockpit with acrylic cover.
- Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- 10-gallon fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
- One 95 amp battery.
- 12V DC battery switch.
- 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 8 circuit breakers.
- Navigation & steaming lights.
- Bonding system.
- Two swiveling halogen reading lights.
- One dome light in main cabin.
- One fluorescent light in head.
- Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation.
- Off-white laminated paneling with varnished teak trim oval door opening and white door.
- Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole.
- Two-tone (beige) molded nonskid floor in head area.
- Teak trimmed backrest outboard of each settee berth.
- Marine head with 14 gal holding tank and "Y" valve.
- Molded sink with overboard drain in head.
- Holding tank overboard discharge manual pump.
- Teak trimmed storage bin to starboard of head.
- Choice of acrylic fabrics for settee cushions.
- Vinyl liner on main cabin & head overhead and hull.
- Contrasting Non-Skid Color on deck.
- Varnished teak toe-rail with amidships chocks and scupper drains in lieu of std.
- “Wide-Opening” Lifeline Gate (P&S) from stern rail to first stanchion.
- Adjustable full length genoa tracks in lieu of std.
- Seahood with molded instrument pod in lieu of std.
- V-Berth Package: V-berth platform with two cushions and one swiveling Halogen reading lamp.
- Carbon Bow Sprit Package: retractable carbon fiber bow sprit, sprit bearings, launching tube and retrieval purchase.
- Carbon Whisker/Spin Pole with double bridles, Awlgripped “clear” with a 2:1 downhaul and a topping lift, each led aft to cabin trunk.
- 4.5’ Shoal Draft Keel.
- Freshwater System with 5 gallon water tank, spigot and foot pump in head.
- Thurston companionway dodger with side curtains mounted on splash molding.
Specifications are effective on hull #167 and subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI